Tuesday, July 1, 2008

These two trees are my favorite. I really like them better than the rest. I started by painting the base coat a light blue grey. Then I taped off where I wanted my trees and painted them black. After the black dried I dry brushed a white paint to make the bark. Then added limbs. I was going for a wintery feel, that is why they don't have leaves. And it just looks a little cleaner.
Here is a wider view of the trees and bench. I did not sew the pillow with stars on it. I bought that a few years ago and it matches pretty well.
An up-close view of the throw pillows. I was so excited to find this big rick rack at Hobby Lobby. And I discovered the smaller rick rack made out of jute. Pretty cool.

2 comments:

Krysta said...

Wow, you've really been going to town! I have been contemplating making the bedding for the boys cribs, but I havent really found any fabric I like. I was thinking of painting, too, but I guess I'm not supposed to breathe in the fumes right now. We will see what I end up doing.

Natalie said...

wow Amanda you are amazing! thanks for sharing your ideas!